Butane Bead Blaster

//Butane Bead Blaster

Butane Bead Blaster

If you’ve got TUBELESS tires this video shows an emergency alternative to using a DonorHose or a BeadSetR to spread the tire sidewalls against the rim, so you can make an airtight seal, build pressure using your CyclePump, and pop the beads into place on the rim.

Does this mean the DonorHose and BeadSetR are ineffective or obsolete?  No.  The DonorHose works 80% of the time.  The BeadSetR works 95% of the time.  It’s the other 5% we’re talking about.  

This technique is not for the faint of heart because it involves using explosive gas (butane) to blast those sidewalls outward.  Nevertheless, it’s effective when all else fails.  

Why use BUTANE?  Because it comes in tiny little canisters that are small enough to carry on the motorcycle.  Cans of ether (the typical go-to for this method) are simply too big and heavy.

We tested butane against ether to see if we got similar results.  We did.  We also tested WD40, which some claim will also do the job.  It failed to ignite.  

Watch the video, see how it works, then decide if you want to carry a canister of butane on the bike.
Butane Bead Blaster

PS.  BestRest doesn’t sell these butane canisters, but we do list a source where you can buy them.  
PPS.  BestRest doesn’t endorse this method, although we use it ourselves when necessary.
PPPS.  BestRest isn’t responsible if you muck things up.  Don’t say we didn’t warn you.

By |2018-09-26T09:47:16+00:00September 26th, 2018|Uncategorized|

About the Author:

I'm David Petersen, owner of BestRest Products. You can see my photo on the home page. I've been riding motorcycles for almost 60 years, and during that time I've had some wonderful adventure. In 2000 I started BestRest Products - our first product was a folding back rest, hence the name of the company. Over the years I kept designing and inventing gear. Today we have over 300 products in our store, and I created many of them. I ride a BMW R1200GS, a BMW F800GS, a Honda XR650R, and two KTM 450-EXCs. Plus I have a couple quads that I keep at a summer cabin. I spend most of my free time riding with my wife Judy. When not riding I'm answering the phones at BestRest or working in the shop on some project. I'm also the author of "How To Ride A Motorcycle Off Road", which is a free book you can download from the website.