In March ’13 we began phasing out the old-style, smaller brass air chucks, in favor of a larger and more robust design. This new design gives you an easier grip on the chuck, and makes it easier to get a good airtight seal between the tire valve stem and the CyclePump.
If you have a CyclePump or EZAir Gauge with the older style small air chuck, you can easily upgrade to this new design. It takes only a couple minutes. Here’s how:
- You’ll need to cut the old chuck from the air hose.
- Using sharp scissors, cut the air hose 1″ from the brass chuck.
- Slide the crimping ring onto the airhose.
- Wet the barb of the new air chuck so it will slip into the hose.
- Press the barb into the hose until it’s tight against the chuck.
- Slip the crimping ring up against the chuck.
- Use a pair of side dykes to crimp the ring in place.
- Viola! The new air chuck is ready to go.